Today, I'm reflecting on all I learned and the new relationships formed over the course of the last three days at the Pick TN Conference.
Ronnie and I attended sessions on beekeeping, agritourism, managing farmers markets, and more. We connected with other makers, growers, and marketers and mingled with the Tennessee Department of Agriculture and University of Tennessee Extension representatives that fuel the day to day successes of TN agriculture.
Here's what's in this photo collage from left to right:
1) Fruit and Cheese display by the Franklin Marriott Cool Springs with a local honey theme complete with a beekeepers veil and smoker. The Tennessee Beekeepers approved!
2) Susan Pitts of Wee 3 Bee Co. in Springfield presenting ways to monetize all the products of the hive
3) Photo booth fun with Ron Harbin Jr.
4) Photo of a beautiful farmers market display from Mountain Roots Farm in Sevierville from their presentation on how to maximize your success as a market vendor
5) Selfie with Susan from Wee 3 Bee Co.
6) Session help by TN State Apiarist, Mike Studer, about the regulations regarding pollinators
7) More photo booth fun after a wardrobe change to attend the banquet and hang in the hospitality suite
8 Photo with two fierce leaders within the communities of farmers markets, local food manufacturing, and Tennessee agriculture: Tasha Kennard, my longtime friend and Executive Director of the Nashville Farmers' Market and Nina Marton of Galena Garlic Company and the Westhaven Farmers Market
When you see the Pick TN Products seal on local goods, buy them, and know you are supporting thousands of people across our state who are working hard to fuel our economy and provide you with quality food.